With only one, part-time, staff person, Sikh Family Center--a social services grassroots org for our community--has been able to do so much. Thank You! But it is time to grow, with your help. We are trying to raise money for a Community Education & Communications Advocate. Sikh Family Center continues to strive to create and connect with community-specific resources.
Our new position would focus on:
1. Developing new, community-focused initiatives that encourage programming and outreach on intra-community issues, including (but not limited to) health, family violence, language access, child welfare, immigrant rights, etc.;
2. Creating resource materials in both Punjabi and English, such as manuals, best practices, and community toolkits that can be easily used across the U.S;
3. Conducting community outreach and information sharing;
4. Building and maintaining collaborative working relationships with Sikh and non-Sikh organizations and institutions;
6. Providing peer support and response to community members who contact SFC through Helpline, email, or in-person, across lines of age, gender, immigration status, etc.