All persons are priceless gifts of God. Some are unfortunate enough to be parted from their families. They remain stranded on the road sides in extreme weather conditions without food, shelter and care. These helpless persons spend their days and nights in very inhuman conditions even worse than stray animals. The Society, Prabh Aasra, makes efforts for rehabilitation of these neglected and under privileged persons. Someone has rightly remarked " that there is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of way to make life beautiful for other". Prabh Aasra is making efforts to achieve this goal to make life beautiful for mentally/physically handicapped, helpless destitute, old aged persons, abandoned mothers with children, rape victims and orphans etc. living in our Society.
Our Core Mission:
- To get these destitute reunited with their families so that they are no longer left destitute.
- To create awareness about mental health , its symptoms and cure.
- To create awareness about Mental Health Act 1987 and rights of the citizens in the country and duties towards helpless fellow being.
- To fight for the rights of the weaker section of the society, whether they are mentally, physically or monetarily weak.
- To conduct seminars and camps of moral, character and personality building on the grounds of spirituality.
Operated from two campuses in Padiala and Jhanjheri Prabh Aasra the number of inmates are increasing every month which has resulted in shortage of space. Recently a new building was commissioned at Padiala campus to provide proper care to inmates in a homely environment.
Prabh Aasra is totally dependent on philanthropists to meet it's budgetary requirements. Currently the monthly budget for operational expenses is in excess of USD 32000.00.
Prabh Aasra Current Operational Expenses in USD
1 Utilities $ 1,514
2 Medical for inmates $ 1,739
3 Food, Fuel & other kitchen expenses $ 4,529
5 Vehicles/ Ambulances $ 1,540
6 Building maintenance $ 2,977
8 Staff Salary & Wages $ 11,007
9 Awareness $ 2,811
10 Telephone $ 500
11 Contigency & other expenses $ 6,041
Total Monthly Budget (USD) $ 32,658
Total Annual Budget (USD) $ 391,896