- Donor List
Desis Rising Up & Moving (DRUM) was founded in 2000 to build the power of South Asian and Indo-Caribbean low wage immigrant workers, youth, and families in New York City to win economic & educational justice and civil & immigrant rights.
Our organizing model involves five core elements:
- Base building- Daily outreach in schools, workplaces, communities
- Leadership Development - Monthly workshops, trainings, and Leadership Institutes to build the skills of our members in policy change campaigns and social justice issues.
- Policy Campaigns - Running short and long term campaigns to reform policies at the city, state, federal, and international levels on issues ranging from immigration, civil rights, education, and labor rights.
- Alliance Building - Forging collaborations with diverse communities and sectors to build strong social justice movements for change.
- Institution Building - Building democratic and mass participatory spaces for people otherwise marginalized from shaping public policy.
We Need Your Support
Your donation ensures that we strengthen the leadership of immigrants,
workers and youth building movements for justice. Please hit the "Donate" button on this page to support our work.
You can learn more about DRUM on our website here.
No updates to display at this time. Please check again soon!
|No donations yet! Be first to donate.|
No photos to display at this time. Please check again soon!