Jeevay Sanjha Punjab (JSP) is one of the leading coalitions of Punjabis from Charda and Lehnda Panjab as well the increasingly influential Diaspora that has worked since 2020 to heal the heritage divide between the people of Panjab.
In summary, since April 2020, JSP has documented over 200 partition stories, more than 70 historical sites, and over 25 historical documentaries. We have also reunited several families and friends whose ancestors migrated during the partition of Punjab in 1947. We have conducted 14 batches of Gurmukhi & Shahmukhi Classes, with over 2,500 students who registered and learned Gurmukhi and Shahmukhi scripts of Punjabi.
Jeevay Sanjha Punjab is a team of dedicated volunteers working on both sides of border to promote love, peace and understanding between Charda (East) and Lehnda (West) Panjab. It is an endeavor which provide the richness of history of Panjab. Panjab, the land of five rivers, has a glorious history of over 5,000 years. In different projects, JSP focuses on the history, heritage, culture and language of Panjab. It started in from April 2020 and till now, it has worked on many unexplored aspects of the history and heritage of this land of five rivers. Every citizen of Panjab should play their role in bridging the gap between East and West Panjab, created by the partition of 1947. JSP, an all-volunteer organization, is working on it with the key focus on stories of Panjab Partition 1947. In addition, JSP makes historical documentaries on various topics of the history of Panjab, and organizes webinars with experts of language, culture and history of Panjab.
Taking inspiration from Thread, not Scissors philosophy of Baba Farid Ganjeshakkar, JSP works to promote love, peace and understanding between the people on both sides of the border. It works to bring people on one platform and to show them that no matter border has separated Panjabis but Panjab is still one. It highlights that the love of Panjabis for one another cannot be changed by the border between them.
Some of the current projects of Jeevay Sanjha Punjab (JSP) are:
- Shahmukhi Panjabi Learning: Seven batches have been completed. To register for this free online class one must know Gurmukhi Panjabi. To register for Shahmukhi class, please visit https://jeevaysanjhapunjab.com/register-shahmukhi-classes/.
- Gurmukhi Panjabi Learning: Five batches have been completed. To register for this free online class one must know Shahmukhi Panjabi. Registration for Gurmukhi class is at https://jeevaysanjhapunjab.com/register-gurmukhi-classes/.
- English to Gurmukhi Learning: JSP began offering starting in January 2023, Gurmukhi learning classes for those who are: a) 16 years of age and above, b) know English well, and c) can understand spoken Panjabi. More information is at https://jeevaysanjhapunjab.com/register-english-to-gurmukhi/
- Shahmukhi-Gurmukhi Qaidas: JSP has developed and published the following two Qaidas: a) Shahmukhi to Gurmukhi Qaida published in Lahore and b) Gurmukhi to Shahmukhi Qaida published in Amritsar. More information on the Qaidas and how to acquire them is at https://jeevaysanjhapunjab.com/buy-our-qaidas/.
- Historical Webinars: JSP has partnered with Punjab Heritage Facebook group to offer monthly webinars on the heritage of Panjab starting August 2022. Registration for webinars is at https://jeevaysanjhapunjab.com/events/. Past webinars can be watched at https://jeevaysanjhapunjab.com/webinar-videos/.
- Partition Stories: If one knows the name of your ancestral village on the other side of Panjab, one can contact JSP so it can fulfil your desire to see your village. JSP team from Charda and Lehnda Panjab works together to make a video with information collected from both sides and posts it on JSP website. Sign up is available at https://jeevaysanjhapunjab.com/taangh-purane-pind-di/. Past partition stories are documented at https://jeevaysanjhapunjab.com/partition-stories/.
- Historical Video Documentaries: These can be accessed at https://jeevaysanjhapunjab.com/historical-documentaries/.
- Heritage Videos: These can be seen at https://jeevaysanjhapunjab.com/heritage-videos/.
- Web & Social Media Presence:
Email [email protected]