DONATIONS TO THIS EFFORT ARE BEING MATCHED DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR!
Started in 2012, SikhVOTE has been one of SALDEF’s most impactful initiatives. The right to vote is at the cornerstone of American democracy, and we want to ensure that the Sikh American voice is heard on Capitol Hill.
Across the United States, a new era of voter suppression sweeps states with populations that need this constitutional right the most. With fewer polling locations, reduced open polling hours, and vote-by-mail restrictions, these measures have targeted communities of color, including Sikh Americans. Therefore, there has never been a more appropriate time to organize and mobilize.
What We Do
- Conduct in-person voter education and registration drives at the gurdwara and local community centers
- Ensure Sikhs have up-to-date information regarding voting rights and regulations
- Collaborate with local election offices to ensure we provide the latest and accurate information to the community about the registration process, deadlines, voting places, etc.
- Leverage our relationships with various non-partisan and national organizations to increase voter turnout
- Provide remote training and support to various community centers throughout America
- Train community volunteers in phone banking and voter registration sign-ups
- Create informational materials in both English and Punjabi to disseminate to sangat members
Your Donation Impact
By donating to SikhVOTE, SALDEF will be able to host phone/text banking campaigns across the US, urging Sikh Americans to head to the polls this November. Your donations will also fund our Get Out The Vote events, voter registration drives, door-to-door knocking campaigns, and more!
We decide on the quality of life we want for ourselves and our future generations by voting. Voting is our chance to stand up for the issues we care about and make sure Sikh Americans head to the polls this fall.
Make your voices heard and support SALDEF’s SikhVOTE initiative.